Dr. Gupta believes in the philosophy of conservative care to ensure that every child’s smile is protected for life and continues to attend courses to keep up with cutting edges techniques in pediatric dentistry. In this office, Dr. Gupta utilizes behavior management techniques such as tell, show, do. For children that may be afraid of dental treatment, Nitrous oxide or laughing gas is available and helps calm any anxiety during treatment.
Dr. Gupta is currently a clinical faculty at Hackensack Hospital and she was the Chairman of the Pediatric Dentistry Program at Peninsula Hospital, where she taught residents on all aspects of pediatric dentistry from behavior management to white esthetic restorations on children
- Complete mouth rehabilitation (which is complete dental treatment) that a child may require under general anesthesia.
- The child is sedated by an anesthesiologist and the procedure is performed by our pediatric dental surgeon, Dr. Preeti Gupta.
- If you have a child who needs this procedure, please ask us.
- She works closely with children with special needs such as:
- Down Syndrome
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder)
Dr. Gupta graduated Cum Laude in Biology with Honors from the University of North Carolina and received her Doctorate in Dental Surgery from New York Universityâ€™s College of Dentistry. She has received numerous honors; including outstanding first year resident award at Brookdale University Hospital as well as the chief resident award during her pediatric dental training. Dr. Gupta completed her General practice residency at the Metropolitan Hospital/Saint Vincentâ€™s Midtown Hospital in New York City which allowed her to become highly experienced in the planning and delivery of treatment for a variety of patients from those with healthy smiles, to those who are extremely medically compromised. She is passionate about her work, and her engaging personality and sense of humor keep her young patients relaxed and at ease. She is also a member of the American Dental Association, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, New Jersey Dental Association and Bergen County Dental Society. Dr. Gupta has published articles in prominent publications, including the prestigious New York State Dental Journal.
- American Dental Association â€“ www.ada.org
- American Society of Dentistry for Children
- American Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry â€“ www.aapd.org
- New Jersey Dental Society â€“ www.njda.org
- New Jersey Academy of Pediatric Dentists â€“ www.njapd.org
- Mid-Atlantic Society of Pediatric Dentists
- American Association of Hospital Dentists
- The American Orthodontic Society